Delaware County was selected to participate in the 2011 Action Communities for Health, Innovation, and EnVironmental ChangE (ACHIEVE) now known as GoHealthy! Delaware County. A two-year grant was awarded to the Delaware General Health District by the National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO) to complete the first phase of this project.
Our community joined one of 40 newly funded sites from around the country in 2011. The ACHIEVE project is comprised of the following steps:
- Identification of two coaches to provide leadership for the local coalition
- Development of a cross-sector Community Action Response Team (CHART), a steering committee to the Delaware County Wellness Collaborative, that will be trained on capacity-building strategies
- Completion of the Community Health Assessment aNd Group Evaluation (CHANGE) tool that assesses community assets and potential areas for improvement and is used to monitor progress as the GoHealthy! Delaware County Coalition assists in policy development and environmental changes within our community
- Participation in technical assistance activities, educational policy, systems and environmental change strategies
- And finally, implementation of those policy, systems and environmental change strategies to improve the lives of Delaware County residents!
For more information on the activities of the GoHealthy! Delaware County project or to find out what others are doing in our nation, please click on the following links: