Stepping Up to Prevent Falls
Falling is a serious health risk among older adults. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), one in every three adults age 65 or older falls.
The coalition is comprised of over twenty agencies located within Delaware County to address the prevention of falls for all citizens aged 65 or older. Through the work and activities performed by the members of the coalition it is our hope that older Ohioans will have fewer falls and fall-related injuries maximizing their independence and quality of life.
The mission of the coalition is to reduce falls and fall-related injuries through community collaboration, awareness, education and evidenced based interventions.
- Arbors at Delaware
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
- Council for Older Adults
- Delaware General Health District
- Delaware YMCA
- Franklin House & Sunbury Park Independent
- Grady Memorial Hospital
- Ohio Health
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church
- Westerville Parks and Recreations
- Willow Brook Christian Communities