The Delaware Public Health District is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and highly educated workforce. Why Delaware Public Health District?
- Provides an array of Public Health services that greatly benefit our communities.
- Is one of the few health departments in the state and country to be nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board since 2013.
- Ranked Healthiest County in Ohio by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Growth and Development
- Provides and allows for various local and out-of-state training and development opportunities, as well as tuition reimbursement to those who qualify.
- Supports internal growth opportunities and has a mentoring program in place.
- Provides annual pay increases for staff who receive a successful performance appraisal.
- Conducts a salary survey every two years to ensure competitiveness of pay scale.
- Provides fun all-day, off-site educational conferences for our staff.
Work-life Balance & Support
- Supports staff when personal needs occur and provides a family-friendly environment.
- Full-time employees initially receive 15 sick, 12 vacation, 3 personal, and 12.5 holiday/admin paid days off per year, with opportunity to gain additional vacation and personal time (prorated for part time).
- Provides the possibility of an alternative work schedule and accrued time.
Benefits & Other Perks
- Offers affordable health, dental & vision insurance (free dental insurance for staff).
- Offers an excellent public retirement system contribution and optional deferred compensation programs.
- Offers wellness rewards programs and incentives through insurance and has an active wellness committee for employee wellness and goals.
- Offers a $300 match to employees for their flex spending account or for purchases made to support wellness.
To be considered for a student or volunteer opportunity, or to determine if we can create an experience for you, please email email@example.com the following:
- Your name
- Name of your school (if applicable)
- Your course of study (if applicable)
- Your year in school (if applicable)
- What you would specifically like to do here at the Health District and why
- When you would like this experience to start and end
- What your availability would be