Expecting a new bundle of joy? Take advantage of our new program, the Prenatal Home Visit program.
- Free home visits available to all pregnant Delaware County residents
Whether you’re a new mom-to-be or already have children, this program is for you!
- Learn how to have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for baby
Let our nurses help you prepare for your new addition
- Each visit includes a checkup, resources, tips and more!
- Complimentary gifts for mom and baby!
Car Seat Safety Checks
Don’t forget to get your car seat checked prior to baby’s arrival! Our staff and county partners will check your car seat for free to make sure it’s installed correctly. For more info, visit our Car Seat Safety page.
Newborn Home Visits
- Available for all residents with newborns living within Delaware County, including foster and adopted families.
- All home visits are free of charge.
- A registered nurse from the Delaware Public Health District visits new families in the comfort of their homes.
- Families will receive a special bag during their newborn home visit, which includes resources and items to help you care for your baby.
A Newborn Home Visit Includes:
- Breastfeeding support offered by a certified lactation specialist.
- Newborn & mom health checkup including baby’s weight check.
- Information on normal baby growth, safety, nutrition & immunizations.
- Referral and linkage to other services.
- Confidential and sensitive care.
- Pack ‘n Plays are available for qualifying families through our partnership with Cribs for Kids.
- Interpreter services available.
Does your baby need a safe place to sleep? In collaboration with our partners at Ohio Department of Health and Cribs for Kids, we may be able to help. Call us at (740) 203-2040 to find out how to get a free crib to make sure your baby has a safe place to sleep.
We are temporarily suspending our lactation program at this point in time. We plan to resume after we move to our new building. If you need lactation help, please call Grady Memorial Hospital Lactation at (740) 615-2086 or Ohio’s 24/7 Breastfeeding Hotline at (888) 588-3423.
If you are currently on WIC, please contact the WIC office for more info on lactation & breastfeeding services
Meet with one of our lactation specialists in a one-on-one setting to assist you on your breastfeeding journey. Whether this is your first baby, or you have nursed before, if you are exclusively pumping or chest feeding, trying to re-lactate or nurse an adopted infant, we can help.
Our services are available to residents of Delaware County.
Our services are currently free to another, regardless of insurance status.
Some of the services we provide:
- Prenatal Lactation classes
- Prenatal Consult
- Post-partum Lactation Consult
- Feed and weighs
- Pump assistance
- Low milk supply
- Latch issues
- Nursing Multiples
- SNS systems
Thank you Women Giving Together for their generous support of this lactation program