Under Level 3, residents are to use the same guidelines as Levels 1 and 2 along with all current health orders, including a new Ohio Department of Health order that mandates face coverings in public in all counties that are designated as a Red Alert Level 3 Public Health Emergency or a Purple Alert Level 4 Public Health Emergency.
Those indicators specific to Delaware County include Indicator 1 – new cases per capita, Indicator 2 – sustained increase in new cases, Indicator 3 – proportion of new cases in non-congregate settings, and Indicator 5 – sustained increase in outpatient visits (with COVID-like symptoms). Find out more about how county alert levels are determined here.
The Health District has been working tirelessly preparing for and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic since the beginning. State and local officials are continuously monitoring the evolving situation, and strongly encourage all those who want to be tested to do so. Through monitoring and increased testing, officials will identify trends and any hot spots that need to be addressed in the recent increase. If you would like to be tested for COVID-19, you can find all available testing locations in the state here.
All Ohioans, regardless of their county’s alert level, should continue to follow the below standard precautions to prevent the spread of infectious disease:
- Conduct a daily health/symptom self-evaluation and stay at home if symptomatic.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from non-household members.
- Wear face coverings in public, especially when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Increase caution when interacting with others not practicing social distancing or wearing face covers.
- Avoid traveling to high-risk areas.
- Follow good hygiene standards, including:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover coughs or sneezes (e.g., into a tissue, or elbow).
- Symptom self-evaluation monitoring.
Last Updated on July 16, 2020